In today's increasingly digital world, business leaders must compete for customers on a variety of online channels. A well-executed digital marketing strategy and e-commerce presence is a key differentiator in attracting and retaining customers, staff and a loyal following, all while driving sales.
Consisting of three online, live classes, the Certificate in E-Commerce covers the key topics and strategies that are required to succeed in the digital economy. Take all three to earn a Certificate in E-Commerce or take individual classes that suit your needs.
Designed for business leaders and owners who want to establish or improve their digital presence and professionals who wish to become more well-versed in digital marketing, the Digital Marketing and e-commerce module is delivered through six consecutive three-hour sessions, each one focusing on key topics that will provide you with the skills necessary to build and operate your digital marketing efforts. Each session will include lectures, real-world case studies and hands-on learning activities.
- Formulate a sales-driving plan with digital marketing and ecommerce strategies
- Understand how to use the main digital marketing channels and the key marketing technology tools required for each:
- Content marketing
- E-mail marketing (including compliance with Canadian Anti-spam legislation)
- Display and Video marketing
- Search Engine Marketing & Search Engine Optimization
- Social Media marketing
- Understand e-commerce set-up, transaction management and operations
- Prepare reports and interpret basic marketing data through web analytics
- In order to successfully complete the class, learners will be asked to submit weekly assignments and a final assignment which will comprise of a digital marketing strategy.
Dates: Saturdays, June 5, 12, 19, 26 and July 10 17, 2021. 9:00am to 12:00pm.
Adiela Aviram is an award-winning digital marketer and a Senior Manager in Deloitte Digital’s Advertising, Marketing and E-commerce offering. Over the past 12 years, she has orchestrated and delivered strategies for North America’s leading brands to acquire and nurture their best customers. Adiela specializes in comprehensive digital marketing strategy and execution, with deep expertise in, paid advertising, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), E-commerce strategy, biddable (programmatic) media, paid social, display, and online video. Prior to joining Deloitte, she held senior digital marketing roles at a leading Google Analytics consultancy as well as global marketing agencies, with clients spanning several industries including retail, consumer, education, travel and public sector. She has proven experience in guiding multi-disciplinary teams and managing multiple stakeholders in successful digital marketing projects for several high-profile clients with exceptional results. As a former marketing practitioner, she possesses a nuanced understanding of the rapidly evolving marketing and e-commerce landscape.
The Web Management for e-Commerce non-credit course is delivered through six consecutive three-hour sessions, focusing on a number of key topics that will provide you with the skills necessary to design and manage an eCommerce website. Each session will include a mix of lectures, real-world case studies and hands-on learning activities.
- Discover the various channels available for online sales
- Develop a high-level understanding of an e-Commerce website infrastructure
- Understand UX Design principles and their impact on customer journeys
- Evaluate and investigate available web-development platforms like Shopify, Wix, BigCommerce, Squarespace, WordPress, etc.
- Review supportive technologies, third party plug-ins, and e-Commerce automations (IoT, chat bots, virtual assistants)
In order to successfully complete the class, learners should actively participate in class and work together to complete weekly assignments – building towards the final assignment which will comprise of a basic e-Commerce website.
Dates: Thursdays, August 12, 19, 26, September 2, 9 & 16, 2021
Navneet (“Nav”) Chhajer is a data-driven and technology-savvy marketer – currently at Loblaw Digital working towards building a seamless Online Grocery experience for all Canadians. A Computer Science (Hons.) graduate from UWindsor in 2004, he has had an accomplished career in the digital landscape, with stints at internet-first companies like Salesforce and Facebook.
Prior to joining Loblaw Digital, Nav spent almost 8 years at Facebook where he helped companies from various industries adapt to the digital ecosystem and derive maximum returns from their investments in online marketing. During his tenure he led multi-disciplinary teams tasked with building innovative solutions to close the gap between in-store and online; and worked with some of Canada’s first “omni-channel” retailers.
Nav started his career as a developer, coding transactional websites from scratch. This technology expertise, paired with the business knowledge gleaned from working directly with senior leadership at some of North America’s largest companies – has afforded him a good appreciation of the qualities that make certain e-Commerce ventures more successful than others.
He is here to share some of that knowledge to help our community adapt to the quick e-Commerce shift that has happened at a pace unforeseen by many.
The e-Commerce Operations non-credit course is delivered through six consecutive three-hour sessions, each one focusing on key topics that will provide you with the skills necessary to manage operations. Each session will include lectures, real-world case studies and hands-on learning activities.
Identify and compare the uses of Merchant Accounts, Payment Gateways, Credit Card processing and CRMs for e-Commerce operations
Discover various systems supporting e-Commerce logistics and supply chain management
Create a plan to incorporate best practices of Operations and Transaction Management including vendor management, logistics and warehousing, shipping, returns, inventory management
Providing outstanding customer service
Dates: Saturdays, September 25, October 2, 9, 16, 25 & 30, 2021.
Fees & Discounts: Each class is $380+HST. UWindsor Alumni, staff and students are all eligible for discounts. Contact email@example.com for futher details.
Schedule: Classes take place most Saturdays, June 5th to October 30, 2021 between 9:00am to 12:00pm. Refer to each class above for the respective dates.
Format: Live, online instruction. Learners are expected to be present and actively engage in classes.
- Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access.
- All modules are delivered online through Blackboard Collaborate Learning Management System.
- Blackboard Requirements
- All course details can be accessed through Blackboard. A link will be provided through email prior to the first day of class so that you will have access to all course resources and streaming functions.
- Once you are accepted to this program, you will be given a UWinID and will be required to activate it in order to access Blackbaord.
- Please activate your UWinID as soon as possible. Your UWinID and password are needed to access Blackboard. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Blackboard.uwindsor.ca works best with Google Chrome. You can also use Firefox or Safari. It is suggested that you avoid using Internet Explorer. There is a “Navigating Your Online Course” module and technical tutorials that you can review for a brief orientation to Blackboard once you log in. Feel free to review the full Blackboard preferred system requirements.
Prerequisites & Minimum Requirements include:
- Previously completed the UWindsor miniMBA or recently completed business education or significant business experience
- Basic computer skills or course completion in fundamental computer applications such as Word
- Experience working with word processing, email and web browsing
- Working knowledge of Microsoft EXCEL
- Knowledge in statistics and mathematical literacy equivalent to grade 12
- English language proficiency
- Some post-secondary education (strongly recommended)
- At least 3 years related work experience (strongly recommended)
Email us at email@example.com if you have questions - we are always happy to help.
Sign up on our Interest List to be notified about enrolment and receive updates from Continuing Education.