Advance your English skills on your own time and at your own pace.
What's it all about?
- Each module is designed to help advance English language skills in a flexible, engaging online format.
- Learners can choose to take one, a few or all of the modules.
- Each module is self-paced to allow participants to take their time and complete the activities whenever they like.
- Modules typically take three-hours to work through, however learners will have unlimited access even once they have completed them.
- The modules contain engaging activities and built-in feedback.
Modules & Topics
This module walks learners through critical reading skills and text evaluation techniques.
- Fundamentals of critical reading
- Understanding implications and making inference
- Detecting bias
The writing module addresses how to develop written arguments.
- Building strong arguments
- Refuting counterarguments
How to building sentences that deliver what you want to say and create the perception you wish to convey is covered in this module.
- Recognizing phrases, clauses and sentences
- Avoiding common sentence structure errors
Creating and communicating ideas in a logical and grammatically correct sentence is taught in this module.
- Cohesion vs. coherence
- Creating cohesion
- Enhancing coherence
This module will discuss how to plan for effective presentations.
- Considering purpose and audience
- Developing and organizing content
- Creating and effectively using visuals
Fees: Each module is $25+HST.
Schedule: All modules are asynchronous and can be taken at your own pace, and whenever best suits you.
Format: Online streaming of recorded videos, presentations and activities.
Sign up on our Interest List to be notified about other exciting programs from Continuing Education.
Email us at email@example.com if you have questions - we are always happy to help.