The first part of this conflict management course will provide you with the tools and practice to help you engage in difficult conversations with your supervisor, peers and clients. Learn strategies to turn conflict into collaboration and build the confidence to share new ideas and influence others. During the afternoon you will investigate a Constructive Conflict approach to manage conflict in the workplace. Through the analysis of workplace scenarios, you will examine the source of the conflict, the motivation for the conflict of all parties involved and learn how to work toward building a solution.
Upon completion of this class you will learn to:
- Build effective working relationships
- Practice engaging in difficult conversations by creating a safe environment
- Walk through the steps for a successful confrontational conversation
- Provide meaningful feedback in various situations (ie. during a performance review or client presentation)
- Recognize the causes and sources of conflict (Healthy and Unhealthy)
- Use a constructive conflict model to analyze conflicts in a workplace setting
- Consider conflict in the social-cultural context
Upon completion you will receive a Certificate of Participation in “Constructive Conflict Management”. Attending 85% of the class is required for a certificate.
One-day workshop: February 10, 2024, Online | 9am-4pm, with one-hour break
Format: Online, virtual classroom
Fee: $475 + HST per registration. UWindsor staff, students, alumni, and Hire UWindsor partners are eligible for a discount. For leaders in their organization who wish to send their team, group rates are available. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Shelly-Ann John, DBA, PMP®
CEO & Director of Projects, IMVELO Inc.
For several decades, Shelley-Ann has had a passion for management, and the development of tools and strategies that effect long-term impact at the individual and organizational levels. She co-creates value with her clients (typically educational and healthcare institutions, charitable organizations, and multinational corporations) based on her richly diverse experiences that include the management of projects to benefit for various populations within rehabilitation, mental health, transportation, and other businesses.
Dr. John completed a BSc. degree in Psychology from McGill University and a master’s degree in Behavioural Medicine. Her most advanced degree is a doctorate in Business Administration from Athabasca University with a focus on stakeholder engagement for strategic management, and sustainability.
When not engaged in projects or teaching business communications, strategic management or business strategy at the University of Windsor, she tries to create balance in her spare time by gardening and doing yard work, refinishing, and painting furniture, decorating, reading, hiking, and enjoying quality time with her family.
About OSAP Micro-credentials Application
- This program is eligible for the OSAP Micro-credential application (OSAPMC).
- Participants must be registered into the program prior to applying for OSAPMC.
- Participants are obligated to pay their fees in full, or decide to withdraw at least one week prior to the course start date should they not receive OSAPMC.
- If this is the case, email email@example.com immediately to withdraw and request a refund.
- Register for this program accordingly to allow ample time for your application to be processed. It takes approximately 10-15 business days for the OSAPMC application to be processed.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions - we are always happy to help.
Sign up on our Interest List to be notified about enrolment and receive updates from Continuing Education.