ELIP Health Insurance Header

Health Insurance


ELIP students who reside in Canada will be required to purchase guard.me health insurance to cover them during their language studies. Learn more about guard.me

Read the informative guard.me brochure.

Opting Out of GuardMe

Students who provide proof of coverage under one of the following health insurance providers may opt out of guard.me.

You must provide proof of your health insurance coverage to our office by emailing a copy of your health insurance certificate to applyesl@uwindsor.ca

Health Insurance Providers:

- Canadian International Development Agency Health Care Plan
- Canadian Bureau for International Education Health Care Plan
- Canadian Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan
- Green Shield Canada
- International Council for Canadian Studies Plan
- National Insurance Office for Social Insurance Abroad (Norway)
- World University Service of Canada Plan
- Embassy of Kuwait
- Interim Federal Health Care Plan
- Health Economic Administration, HELFO Abroad
- Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau - GWL
- Libyan Plan
- Schlumberger Plan
- Fletcher Allen

Note: Once enrolled in academic programs, international students will use the University's Green Shield Health Insurance Plan (GSHIP).