Advance your English skills on your own time and at your own pace.
What's it all about?
- Each module is designed to help advance English language skills in a flexible, engaging online format.
- Learners can choose to take one, a few or all of the modules.
- Each module is self-paced to allow participants to take their time and complete the activities whenever they like.
- Modules typically take three-hours to work through, however learners will have unlimited access even once they have completed them.
- The modules contain engaging activities and built-in feedback.
Modules & Topics
This module walks learners through critical reading skills and text evaluation techniques.
- Fundamentals of critical reading
- Understanding implications and making inference
- Detecting bias
The writing module addresses how to develop written arguments.
- Building strong arguments
- Refuting counterarguments
How to building sentences that deliver what you want to say and create the perception you wish to convey is covered in this module.
- Recognizing phrases, clauses and sentences
- Avoiding common sentence structure errors
Creating and communicating ideas in a logical and grammatically correct sentence is taught in this module.
- Cohesion vs. coherence
- Creading cohesion
- Enhancing coherence
This module will discuss how to plan for effective presentations.
- Considering purpose and audience
- Developing and organizing content
- Creating and effectively using visuals
Fees: Each module is $25+HST.
Schedule: All modules are asynchronous and can be taken at your own pace, and whenever best suits you.
Format: Online streaming of recorded videos, presentations and activities.
Please note that only current UWindsor students are eligible to enrol at this time. We anticipate opening registration to the general public in the near future.
Sign up on our Interest List to be notified about enrolment and receive updates from Continuing Education.
Email us at email@example.com if you have questions - we are always happy to help.