Watch the Recording! Project Management Info Session: August 15, 2022
October 5 to November 5, 2022
Wednesdays: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
Saturdays: 10:00am - 1:30pm
October 31, 2022 to November 25, 2022
Monday - Friday, 9:00pm-12:30pm
This course is an intense review of exam material; it is not intended as a stand-alone project management course.
This course is specifically designed to provide participants with a proven, practical approach to preparing for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI). This course is an intense review of exam material to help prepare people to write the exam; it is not intended to teach people basic project management concepts. Prior project management training and experience is highly recommended to maximize candidates’ chances to pass the exam.
The course is delivered by trainers who have had extensive experience in professional project management and a long history of successfully preparing people for the PMP® exam. The instructors are experts at presenting content in an engaging manner, keeping the atmosphere positive, and empowering course participants as they prepare to challenge the PMP® exam. This online class is delivered through the use of online polls, sample quizzes, group discussions, videos, and other activities conducted as a whole class or in online breakout rooms.
The knowledge areas are presented in modules. At the beginning of each module, there is a practice pre-test before the presentation of the course material which is followed by realistic, challenging, multiple-choice questions. During the review of the practice questions, the instructor explains how to arrive at the correct answer. The course provides many exam tips and test-taking techniques, but there are no gimmicks because there is no magic formula for passing the PMP exam. It requires appropriate professional PM experience, an intense preparation course, and commitment to prepare appropriately for the exam.
An example of exam topic review includes:
1. Creating a High-Performing Team
- Negotiate Project Agreements
- Empower Team Members and Stakeholders
- Build Shared Understanding About a Project
2. Starting the Project
- Plan and Manage Scope
- Plan and Manage Budget and Resources
- Plan and Manage Schedule and Procurement
3. Doing the Work
- Manage Risks
- Manage Communication, Project Changes and Issues
- Engage Stakeholders
4. Keeping the Team on Track
- Lead a Team and Team Performance
- Manage Conflict
- Collaborate with Stakeholders
5. Keeping the Business in Mind
- Manage Compliance Requirements
- Evaluate and Deliver Project Benefits and Value
- Support Organizational Change and Continuous Process Improvement
Daily online participation (at least 80% attendance) and successful completion of learning activities during class is required to achieve the course Certificate of Completion from Procept Associates Ltd.
Participants will gain practical skills to:
- Identify the “correct” answer to a majority of multiple choice questions similar to the PMP® exam
- Remember formulas and concepts through application to real-life scenarios instead of memorization.
- Utilize “tips and tricks” to write the PMP® exam with more confidence.
- Identify which content areas may need further home study
- Be aware of the PMP® qualification process
- Describe generally-accepted project management practices
Learners will require access to a computer with high-speed internet access. Learners asked to access a GoToTraining link approximately three days prior to the start of the course.
This course is offered in partnership with Procept Associates Ltd. Procept has prepared candidates for the PMP® exam longer than any other provider in Canada. In fact, Procept taught the first professional PMP® Exam Prep course in Canada and was PMI’s first Registered Education Provider in Canada. Currently, Procept has been selected as a PMI Authorized Training Partner (ATP) and now uses PMI-provided course materials when preparing students to pass this important exam.
The required textbook for the course is A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide). Learners are expected to purchase this textbook for the course.
Included with your course registration, students will be provided with the PMI course workbooks and course slides. Students will also be provided with Procept’s supplemental digital materials including:
- Procept’s Project Management Experience Organizer
- PMP Exam Simulator that includes a question bank with hundreds of questions
- PMP Quick Study Flash Cards
- Access to Procept’s Members Portal that contains free study resources (templates, videos, webinars and case studies)
To ensure successful completion of this course, it is expected that learners will have:
- Basic computer skills
- English language proficiency
- Some post-secondary education (strongly recommended)
- 21 hour Project Management Essentials Course (or its equivalent), OR You already work in a project management environment that manages project scope, cost, time, quality, etc.
Location: Online, live-virtual instruction.
Fee: $1850+HST. UWindsor Alumni save 10% pre-tax and UWindsor staff and students save 5% pre-tax enrolment. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the discount code.
Check out our other Project Management Courses:
Subscribe to the Continuing Education Interest List and we will keep you updated about this and other offerings.